Who We Are
SpotOn Productions is an award winning video production and photography company based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in 1998, as Murray Multimedia Resources, we have a rich history of providing creative development, video production, photography, and post-production services. Referral and repeat business is a large part of our customer base. Our clients include large corporations, agencies, small businesses, nonprofits, education, government, and more. We produce creative, engaging videos and brand films, SpotOn with your communication goals.
We work with decision makers who want to partner with creative problem solvers they trust. Our process… strategic yet simple… begins with a conversation. We ask questions. We listen. We uncover what’s exclusive and exceptional about your organization, product or service. We’ll generate a new creative concept or help you bring an existing idea to life in a way that effectively communicates with your target audience. We are storytellers at heart; we’re also writers, video producers, filmmakers, and editors by trade; and marketers, project managers, and communicators in practice.
SpotOn Productions (formerly Murray Multimedia Resources) consistently wins nationally recognized awards, year after year, for its clients. The Telly Award is one of the most prestigious awards in our industry and we have received 39 of them in the last 15 years. Prior to 2018, silver was the top award given, followed by bronze. Starting in 2018 the Telly Awards added a new gold Telly as the very top award, followed by silver and then bronze.
2021 Bronze Telly – Family Promise of Northern Kentucky “Family Promise of NKY” – Non-Broadcast – Videography/Cinematography
2021 Silver Telly – Family Promise of Northern Kentucky “Family Promise of NKY” – Branded Content General – Social Impact
2021 Silver Telly – Computer Aided Technology “Ford – Michigan Central Station” – Non-Broadcast General – Public Relations
2021 Silver Telly – Talbert House “Fatherhood Project Celebration Teaser” – Branded Content General – Not-for-profit
2021 Silver Telly – The Melting Pot “Happy Hour” – Social Video General – Food & Beverage
2020 Silver Telly – Aquatic & Garden Décor “General/Fountains/Planters” – TV Campaign
2020 Silver Telly – Family Promise of Butler County “My Family Story” – Social Impact
2020 Silver Telly – Middletown City Schools “Middle Rising” – Educational
2020 Silver Telly – Ulliman Schutte “Find Your Next Adventure” – Cinematography
2020 Silver Telly – Ulliman Schutte “Find Your Next Adventure” – Recruitment
2020 Bronze Telly – Rhinestahl “Advanced Manufacturing Group” – Cinematography
2020 Bronze Telly – Rhinestahl “Advanced Manufacturing Group” – Corporate Image
2019 Bronze Telly – Kilee B. “Kilee’s Story” – Cause Marketing
2019 Bronze Telly – Lakota Local Schools “Somos Lakota” – Education
2019 Bronze Telly – Elite Biomedical “Why Elite?” – Cinematography
2018 Silver Telly – SSRG “Tough Jobs Done Well” – Corporate Image
2018 Silver Telly – HGC “We Are HGC” – Corporate Image
2018 Silver Telly – SAS Automation “Provimi” – Corporate Image
2018 Bronze Telly – CareNet “When I Was 14” – Not-for-profit
2018 Bronze Telly – Constantia Flexibles “Craft Beer Labeling” – Food/Beverage
2018 Bronze Telly – Easterseals “Otis” – Charitable
2018 Bronze Telly – Rhinestahl “Fogger” – Video/Cinematography
2017 Silver Winner – West Chester • Liberty Chamber Alliance “I-75 Corridor: Cincinnati-Dayton Metroplex 2016”
2017 Bronze Winner – Schaefer Inc.
2016 Bronze Winner – Butler Tech “Passion”
2016 Bronze Winner – Kokosing Industrial
2015 Bronze Winner – Winegardner & Hammons “Clearwater Beach Marriott Resort”
2015 Bronze Winner – GRK Manufacturing “Expand-A-Table”
2014 Bronze Winner – Butler Tech “Bioscience Campus”
2012 Bronze Winner – Brian Hock Design “Simple Hydration”
2011 Bronze Winner – City Gospel Mission “Whiz Kids”
2011 Silver Winner – Voice of America Museum “America’s Voice”
2010 Bronze Winner – Ron Esposito “Open Heart”
2010 Bronze Winner – Great Oaks “21st Century News”
2009 Bronze Winner – Butler County United Way “Live United”
2008 Bronze Winner – Jeffery Thomas Hayden Foundation
2007 Bronze Winner – Butler County United Way “Needs”
2007 Silver Winner – Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty “Endowment”
2006 Silver Winner – Butler Tech Online “Your Future”
17th Annual National Mature Media Awards | Silver Award | Otterbein Homes “Little Things Mean A Lot”
ACCE 2015 Awards for Communication Excellence | Award of Excellence | West Chester • Liberty Chamber Alliance “I-75 Growth Corridor”
Join Our Team
SpotOn Productions, a Cincinnati-based video production company, is seeking applications for a full-time Sales Executive position. This person will be responsible for growing SpotOn’s business in the following ways:
- Securing new business through outbound selling efforts
- Growing the business within existing SpotOn Productions clients
- Converting incoming leads into SpotOn Productions clients
SpotOn Productions is a passionate and trusted partner to small, medium, and large organizations throughout the greater Cincinnati region and I-75 corridor (NKY to Dayton). Our clients come to us in order to show the world their best. The creative video solutions we offer solve real business challenges for our customers. This is why they come back to us over and over again.
- Meet and exceed company set revenue and profitability goals for existing and new customers.
- Communicate with all current and potential customers on a regular basis, providing solutions that help them meet their goals.
- Represent the full breadth of SpotOn Productions’ services to clients and potential customers.
- Be the first step in the creative process, helping to define the client’s vision for each project.
- Go higher (up decision chain), wider (multiple divisions), and deeper (relationally) with each of your assigned accounts.
- Coordinate with other members of the production team as needed to generate sales and provide excellent customer service.
- Use excellent and persuasive face-to-face, telephone, email, and social media techniques to add value and develop relationships with your clients.
- Leverage CRM and other software and technology to maintain clean and updated records for all leads and customers.
- Share client and industry insight with SpotOn Productions’ leadership in order to make sure we are in sync with our offering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years of sales experience.
- Experience and/or interest in creative, video production, or similar.
- Ability to focus on attitudes, behaviors, and activities that serve our clients and grow the business.
- Drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities.
- Ability to understand client needs and handle the negotiation process.
- Solid knowledge of CRM software and MS Office.
- Ability to think strategically and provide creative solutions.
- Understanding of performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
A healthy combination of base pay plus commissions along with healthcare and other benefits. SpotOn Productions may also add a bonus plan paid out when the Sales rep exceeds company-defined growth objectives (TBD).
For more information, please email your resume and questions to Kerry Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cinematographer / Editor
SpotOn Productions, a Cincinnati-based video production company, is seeking applications for a full-time Cinematographer / Editor position. We are a full-service video production company, and since 1998 we’ve produced more than 1,000 videos with our proven process. For our clients, we’re passionate, trusted partners. At SpotOn Productions, we produce video solutions that solve real business challenges by identifying and telling stories that connect with the audience. The videos we produce have been seen locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Our purpose is to show the world your best!
As a Cinematographer / Editor at SpotOn Productions, you will use your creativity to perform all aspects of film/video production (preproduction, production, and post-production) in field, studio, and digital production, with excellence and professionalism. The ideal candidate will have a strong, quality demo reel.
Candidates should be passionate about the craft, be self-motivated, and have the desire for continuous improvement and excellence in the work they produce.
The ideal candidate will share our values of:
- Pride & Ownership
- Positive Impact
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Work with clients and the production team to plan, develop, and produce video productions by translating client’s objectives into production ideas; determine the format, approach, and content.
- Operate complex video production equipment such as cameras, lights, microphones, and audio mixers; edits non-linear digital video and audio work; and operates computer-editing applications/equipment.
- Exercise creativity in concept development and writing can develop and produce creative treatments and scripts.
- Consult with Production Manager to identify and clarify creative concept, scope, theme, audio and visual elements, budget, timeline, and priorities.
- Shoot and edit video productions; perform duties of an audio technician, videographer, or grip as needed to assure production quality.
- Independently perform post-production activities, including scene selection, editing, artistic/creative composition, graphics/motion graphics, special effects, music selection, and mixing, plus media conversion and duplication.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Able to communicate well in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Highly competent in the operation of production and post-production equipment.
- Able to work well with peers and clients.
- Able to ideate creative concepts.
- Able to block, edit, light, and stage video productions.
- Proficient in English comprehension and composition, spelling, grammar, and punctuation to produce scripts and other written communications.
- Able to create graphics and design digital video effects.
- Proficient in the use of computer hardware and applicable software.
Experience, Competencies, and Education:
- Must have a strong understanding of storytelling through video, and have mastery of the technology necessary to produce high-quality videos.
- Able to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques, technology, and standards of video production and shot composition.
- Experience in video production, non-linear editing, and graphic creation.
- Understanding the use of music to enhance the aesthetics of video productions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments, remain calm in stressful situations, and conceptualize creative and innovative ideas.
- Be passionate about the craft and have the desire for continuous improvement.
- Drive and energy to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Prefer an associate’s degree from an accredited college or technical school, plus solid video and audio production experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This role requires occasional regional, national, and possibly international travel.
Prefer 1-3 years of video production experience, but not necessary depending on the quality of your demo reel.
Please submit a resume and demo reel link. Only applicants with demo reels will be considered.
Pay: From $40,000 per year, commensurate with experience and ability.
View examples of our work
For more information, please email your resume and questions to Ian Murray at email@example.com
We are always looking for great freelancers to work with on projects. If you’re a DP, Cinematographer, Producer, Scriptwriter, Grip, or PA, we’d love to talk to you! Please send your resume and relevant portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org