In today’s fast-paced industrial landscape, ensuring the safety and well-being of employees is paramount. Companies are constantly looking for effective methods to train their staff on safety protocols. A method that has gained substantial recognition is video-based safety training. This mode of training not only conveys safety procedures in an engaging manner but also ensures that the message is retained for a longer duration.
Here’s a brief overview of the numerous advantages linked with using videos for safety training:
Engagement & Retention:
- Videos significantly improve employee engagement and retention, making the training process more interactive and engaging. 1
- On average, employees forget 65% of the material covered in a typical training session within just seven days, a percentage that can be reduced with the use of well-presented and concise videos. In fact, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared with 10% when reading it in text. 2
Standardization & Accessibility:
- Video training standardizes the delivery of safety procedures, ensuring that all employees receive the same level of training irrespective of their location, thus promoting a consistent safety culture across the organization. 3
- It’s accessible on-demand, allowing employees to learn at their own pace and review the materials whenever necessary, ensuring that safety protocols are always at their fingertips. 3
- Training videos have been shown to protect employees by reducing accidents, injuries, and even fatalities in the workplace, which, in turn, improves overall productivity due to fewer work-related incidents. 4
- Safety videos also help in sharing lessons learned from past incidents, promoting a better understanding and adherence to safety procedures, leading to better performance among employees. 5
Preference & Usage:
- A survey revealed that 74% of trainers in over 2,000 companies use video learning as part of their training delivery, indicating a strong preference for this medium in the corporate sector. 6
- Additionally, 83% of respondents prefer watching videos over accessing information via text or audio, indicating a high level of acceptance and preference for video-based instructional content. 7
- A safety certification program spearheaded by the West Virginia Division of Forestry incorporated a video component that yielded promising results. Post the video session, there was a noticeable increase in knowledge among training participants, underlining the effectiveness of video in safety training endeavors. 8
The statistics and real-world examples underline the effectiveness and preference for video-based safety training, affirming it as an indispensable tool for fostering a safe work environment. As the heads of safety in various companies look towards optimizing their training modules, integrating video content emerges as a compelling choice with proven benefits.
Elevate Your Safety Training with SpotOn Productions
At SpotOn Productions, we understand the pivotal role safety training plays in nurturing a secure and productive work environment. With a seasoned team of video production experts, we specialize in crafting high-quality safety training videos that are not only engaging but also effective in imparting crucial safety knowledge. Our tailored approach ensures that each video resonates with your employees, promoting a culture of safety and adherence to protocols.
Through a blend of compelling storytelling, clear instruction, and visually engaging content, we deliver safety training videos that transcend traditional training methods. Our mission is to help companies like yours elevate safety standards, ensuring your employees are well-equipped to maintain a safe workspace.
With SpotOn Productions by your side, you’re not just getting a video; you’re investing in the safety and well-being of your team. Let us help you create a safer workplace, one video at a time. Take a look at our gallery of safety videos here.
SpotOn Productions is committed to being a trusted partner in your company’s safety training journey. Together, we can make safety a lived value in your workplace, ensuring a brighter, safer future for all.